Being a web designer isn’t for the fainthearted as it takes a lot of patience to create unique web design applications that are not only creative, but also provide good first impressions. It’s important for any web designer to take advantage of the many free web design tools out there that will make designing a lot easier and painless. If you are an experienced web designer and you are looking for a few tools that may make your life a lot easier, have a look at the following 5 great free web design tools:
- ColourLovers.com – Getting any web design right can only be achieved if the colours are right, and that’s where ColourLovers.com comes in. The Colour Lovers community members come up with some of the best colour palettes to use for any web design, so you can pick and save your favourite pallets for later use. The possibilities are endless with this site, and members also provide multiple patterns and gradients to use with the best design programs such as Illustrator and Photoshop. This is the perfect web designer’s tool for any designer that struggles in getting their website colours spot on. At the end of the day, if the colours on any site do not look right then that will ruin the whole appearance and doesn’t create the much needed good first impressions.
- Icones.pro – This site is the answer if you are looking to build your unique web designs around some of the nicest icons around. This website provides thousands of free icons for you to use on any web application whether it is for personal or commercial use. Most other websites charge their users to download icon packs but these are completely free and anyone can take advantage of them. Whether its social icons you require or small mascot icon designs, this site has them all and you will be thankful you found this handy resource.
- Morguefile.com – Any website out there isn’t a lot without the right images in their specific place. Morquefile.com makes it possible for web designers out there to download their royalty free images to use on any web design application. If you are looking for thousands of images without having to pay for them, checkout this site and you will not be disappointed with the thousands of free images they offer.
- Canva.com – Canva.com is for the people looking to market their websites the right way. This design platform will enable users to design their flyers, business cards, and other marketing accessories for free and quickly. You will be able to design all of the stuff professionally without having to spend hours in programs such as Illustrator and Photoshop to get what you need. Canva.com comes with thousands of already made templates that you can edit to suit your websites/business needs. This is one of the best web design tools as well because web designers will easily be able to design their own advertisement banners and other graphics to market their websites.
- Befunky.com – The Befunky.com website enables users to design and edit all of their images in one easy to use tool. Designers can simply upload their images and then edit them to their own needs. You can be as simple as you like and just add text to your images or be a little more creative and add multiple filters to suit your needs. This site is very handy for those looking for a simple program to edit their images instead of using Photoshop where it’s a bit more complicated.
There are hundreds of free web design resources out there that makes designing the most complex of websites easy, and the above ones are some of the most popular on today’s market. If you are looking to make your web designing experience as easy as possible, the above tools will help you on your way thanks to their simple features and ease of use. There are of course plenty of resources that can be paid for but seeing as the above ones are free, it’s always worth trying those out first to see how much they benefit your overall web design experience.